You now have anytime, anywhere access to ALL school databases and other electronic resources with only ONE username and password- YOURS! Just click on the MackinVia widget above and login with our school credentials (last_student ID & your password).
MackinVia also allows you to save articles and documents so you can easily find them later, mark resources as favorites so you can easily find those you like best, and work offline using the free MackinVIA app available for download.
1. Task Definition- What am I supposed to do (Pick a topic)-What information do I need to do it?
2. Information Seeking Strategies-What are the best resources to use for this task?
B. Evaluate Sources (C.R.A.P) evaluate websites.
3. Information and Access-Where are the resources and how will I find the information I need in them
A. ex. Library, Internet
B. Keywords, subjects, Boolean operators (AND,OR,NOT)
4. Use of information-Read and use information--note taking
5. Synthesis (Putting it all together)
A. Plan the paper; beginning with a review of the technical requirements
B. Using note cards in NoodleTools, create an outline for your paper
C. Write your first draft; remember: your goal is support your thesis
D. Revise and print your final paper
A. Using the technical criteria listed at the beginning of this document, check to make sure that your paper meets all criteria outlined.