How Curbside Library Looks at CPHS **
Library books can be picked up and returned at the front of the building during specific times on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays or by appointment. Masks must be worn in accordance with district policy and governing ordinances.
To request books and a time slot, the Google form linked above will be utilized.
Students will receive an email confirming book choices and time slot chosen.
Returned books will be placed in a marked tub.
Books to pick up will be on a cart and marked with the student's last name and ID#.
If a student misses the selected time slot, staff will contact the student to arrange another opportunity. If the books are not picked up during this second time frame, they will be checked in and re-shelved.
All returned books will be quarantined for a 24 hour period before being checked in and removed from students' accounts.
At this time there will be no ILLs (Interlibrary Loans). All book requests must be those within the CPHS collection.
The loan period for all items is 3 weeks. Overdue notices will be sent out weekly simply as reminders to return items so that others may check them out. However, there may be delays by both students and library staff in getting books checked back in due to quarantine requirements, transportation issues, etc. so we will all proceed with grace and understanding as the focus of this program is to get reading materials safely into students' hands.
** Please note that these procedures may be updated often due to unforeseen changes or adjustments in the current situation.
Steps to Get a Print Book from the CPHS Library
1. Go to the digital library catalog and search the collection.
2. Find the titles and authors of the books you would like to check out.
3. Make sure the digital catalog shows the books are available.
4. Fill out the Google Form to request your selections.
5. Check your school email to confirm your scheduled pick-up time.
6. Come to the front of the campus to pick up your books at your scheduled time.
7. Return the items when you're done reading them during one of the times listed below. (You can always time your return with your next pick-up!)
LISD uses a platform called Destiny for its Library Catalog. Go to destiny.leanderisd.org to access the catalog.
You can always click on login and use your computer login credentials to make saved lists.
To discover how to best search a digital library catalog, view the video linked below.
How to Search a Digital Library Catalog