1. Using the library catalogue, look for a book written by Darren Shan. How many different titles do you see? Choose one title. Write down that title to answer this question.
2. What two things would you use Noodletools for?
3. Type the search term computers in the blue search box at the top of the Marshall Cavendish Digital site. How many articles do you see? Choose one article and write down the title.
4. Find some information on William Shakespeare from our biography database. How many articles do you see? Can you find a picture of him?
5. Using Culturegrams, choose a country in the world. Write one fact about that country. Can you find a recipe from that country? A picture?
6. Go to ABC-Clio. You might need a user name--leanderhs/ password--leanderhs. Click on Issues. Click on Exploring Issues. Write down one subject you see on the page.
7. Go to Opposing Viewpoints. Type oil spill as a search term. How many images are available?
8. Go to Student Resource Center. Choose a topic from the front page. How many article results do you see? Write the title of one of them.
9. Go to World Book. Choose the Student version. Type pollution as your search term. How many articles do you see?
10. Proquest database--. Look at the menu for the different subject areas available. How many do you see? Type the search term poaching in the main search box. How many articles do you see?
11. Go to elibrary. Use the search term lions--look at the results. How many different types of sources did you find?
12. Go to SIRS - username TX0774 password 78641. Use the search term homework. Write the title of one article.
13. To access these databases from home, you need to know one password to open the password page. What is that password?
***Put your name on your paper and turn it in to Mrs. Yonker.***