Use a library database when you...
* need to find scholarly journal articles, magazine articles, newspaper articles and information not indexed or available on the web.
* want to save time on your research. A database provides one-stop access to credible information specific to your topic, instead of searching through thousands of web pages.
* are looking for biographical information
* are looking for statistical information
* are looking for encyclopedic overviews of topics
Use an Internet search engine when you...
* are willing to evaluate the content of the website.
* want to access digital collections
* want to access government information
* want to access commercial sites
* want to see advertisements
* want instant access to today's news
* want to find information on organizations, groups, personal web pages related to a topic